Summer is almost here and hopefully that means a slower pace for most of us. It is a great time to vacation, read, socialize and expand ones horizons. Here at the library, our amazing Summer Learning program is in full swing and we want you to read and learn new things! Our program is for everyone: kids, teens and adults.
Is there something new you have been wanting to learn or do? We challenge you to do it this summer. If you fulfill a learning goal and share it with us at the library, you will get entered into a drawing for one of our phenomenal prize baskets.
Here is what you do:
- Get one of our Inspire Learning trackers. You can get one online, at the library or inside our Inspire publication.
- Identify what you want to learn or do. Need an idea? A few ideas are to learn to knit, make homemade jam, start a garden or prepare to run a 5K. The possibilities are endless.
- Share three ways you are going to learn more. You can talk to staff at the library, attend one of our classes or programs offered throughout the library system, do research online, check books out from our collection or use one of our research databases.
- The next step is where it gets fun. We want you to tinker, experiment, practice and create. Keep notes about this or you could even start a journal. Ask questions to help you in your process. What are your next steps? What's working or not? What do you want to try differently?
- After you have completed your learning goal, we want you to celebrate and share your story with us. Come to the library and turn in your Inspire learning tracker or online and enter to win one of five prize baskets.
One of the following prize baskets could be yours:
- Craftacular: Get crafting with a Cricut Explore Air, accessory pack, coloring supplies, gift card and more.
- Destination Renovation: Supercharge DIY with an air compressor/nail gun, drill and bit set, tools and gift card.
- Maker Mayhem: Curiosity unleashed with a 3d printing pen, quad opted drone, Makey Makey, robotics and Arduino kit, circuit stickers and a subscription to Make magazine.
- STEM Explorer: Ages 8 and up, explore STEM with an iPad Mini, programmable Dash Dot Robot, the Osmo Gaming System Genius collection and three-month subscription to Tinker Crate.
- Green Thumb: Cultivate a deeper shade of green with hand tools, seed stakes, a mason bee house and gift card.
Happy Summer Learning! We can't wait to hear your stories about inspired learning and reading.