Our book club collection allows community book clubs to borrow a set of books to share amongst its members. We have kits for adults, teens and kids. Each kit contains 15 paperback copies of a book, a discussion guide to help in leading a conversation about the book, reviews of the book, and biographical information about the author. Some book kits contain one audiobook copy of the book, or one large print version of the book, when available. Books that have been made into movies may also have a DVD version included.
Each set checks out for six weeks. You choose the date that you need the kit, allowing for flexibility. The KRL Book Group Collection currently has over 100 titles, both fiction and nonfiction. The titles cover many genres, like historical fiction, mystery, romance, and classics, as well as many subject areas, including biography, history, and adventure.
Book groups may now schedule book group kits online using the KitKeeper system. KitKeeper is designed as a self-service tool used to browse KRL’s book group kit collection, reserve kits, and manage your reservations online. KitKeeper offers a convenient and easy-to-use system for book group leaders.
Overdue fines for a book club kit: $2.00 per day to a maximum of $24.00
To use KitKeeper:
1) Click KitKeeper
2) Once you are in Kitkeeper, choose one of the three options for searching the collection:
- List: Click Go to browse a list of titles before you select.
- Reserve: Select a title from a drop down menu and then click Go.
- Dates: Select a month from the drop down menu and then click Go.
3) After you choose your option, follow the screen prompts to reserve your kit.
4) Enter your contact information. You must provide an email or phone number. If you do not have one of these contact options, please click the unavailable link next to the phone or email fields.
5) You will receive an email confirmation that the reservation has been placed.
Please contact Michelle Will at 360-405-9134 if you have any questions.
If you have any questions about the children's book club kits you can contact Lia Burbridge at 360-415-6720.