Our book group collection allows community book groups to borrow sets of books. Each kit contains 15 paperback copies of a book, a discussion guide, reviews of the book and information about the author. Some book kits contain an audiobook copy of the book or a large print version of the book; books that have been made into movies may also include the DVD.
Each set checks out for six weeks. Overdue fines for a book group kit: $2.00 per day to a maximum of $24.00. The Book Group Collection currently has over 100 titles, both fiction and nonfiction.
Book groups can now schedule book group kits online using the KitKeeper system. KitKeeper lets you browse the book group kit collection, reserve kits and manage reservations online.
To use KitKeeper:
1) Click KitKeeper.
2) Once you are in Kitkeeper, choose one of the three options for searching the collection: List: Click Go to browse a list of titles before you select. Reserve: Select a title from a drop-down menu and then click Go. Dates: Select a month from the drop-down menu and then click "Go."
3) After you choose your option, follow the screen prompts to reserve your kit.
4) Enter your contact information. You must provide an email or phone number. If you do not have one of these contact options, please click the unavailable link next to the phone or email fields.
5) You will receive an email confirmation that the reservation has been placed.
6) When you receive notification that your book group kit is available, you will need to pick it up within 7 days.