Our book group collection allows community book groups to borrow a set of books to share amongst its members. Each kit contains 15 paperback copies of a book, a discussion guide to help in leading a conversation about the book, reviews of the book, and biographical information about the author. Some book kits contain one audiobook copy of the book, or one large print version of the book, when available. Books that have been made into movies may also have a DVD version included.
Each set checks out for six weeks. You choose the date that you need the kit, allowing for flexibility. Overdue fines for a book group kit: $2.00 per day to a maximum of $24.00. The Book Group Collection currently has over 100 titles, both fiction and nonfiction.
Book groups may now schedule book group kits online using the KitKeeper system. KitKeeper is designed as a self-service tool used to browse the book group kit collection, reserve kits, and manage your reservations online.
To use KitKeeper:
1) Click KitKeeper
2) Once you are in Kitkeeper, choose one of the three options for searching the collection: List: Click Go to browse a list of titles before you select. Reserve: Select a title from a drop down menu and then click Go. Dates: Select a month from the drop down menu and then click Go.
3) After you choose your option, follow the screen prompts to reserve your kit.
4) Enter your contact information. You must provide an email or phone number. If you do not have one of these contact options, please click the unavailable link next to the phone or email fields.
5) You will receive an email confirmation that the reservation has been placed.
6) When you receive notification that your book group kit is available you will need to pick it up within 7 days.