Located in the heart of downtown Bremerton, the Library is a 1938 art deco building originally funded by the Federal Works Progress Administration. It served as the city's main library until 1955 when it became the headquarters for the newly formed Kitsap Regional Library. In 1978 a new headquarters library opened in East Bremerton and the Downtown Library was designated as a branch library. Renovated in 2005, the Library now houses a special Northwest History Reference Collection in addition to its regular circulating collection. The City of Bremerton owns and maintains the library building while Kitsap Regional Library provides service with staff and materials.
- Building owner: City of Bremerton
- Date built: 1938
- Last major renovation: 2007
- Size: 5,514 square feet
- Population served: 26,057