There are so many amazing resources for families in the Kitsap community, grab your binoculars and get out there!
- Bug Museum and Reptile Room: Located close the Bremerton shipyard, the Bug Museum has gained a dedicated following of Kitsap kids who appreciate the opportunity to get up close and personal with a wide variety of critters.
- KidiMu: Located on Bainbridge Island, the Kids Discovery Museum offers children the opportunity to learn through interactive play. In addition to regular exhibits, the museum features an ongoing schedule of special guests, performances, and lectures/discussion sessions for grow-ups.
- Pacific Planetarium: Suitable for children ages 4 and up, see the stars every First Friday in downtown Bremerton.
- Valetinetti Puppet Museum and Evergreen Children’s Theater: a Bremerton favorite since 1993, this museum and theater offers young puppeteers and audiences exhibits, workshops, and regular performances.
- Institutions geared to older or all ages audiences: Bainbridge Historical Museum, Bainbridge Museum of Art, Sidney Museum and Arts Association, Suquamish Museum and Cultural Center, U.S.S. Turner Joy Museum Ship
- And don’t forget Seattle and Tacoma! Zoos, aquariums, theaters, and museums abound for young children, many with free admission days throughout the year.
- Kitsap County Parks: Search county parks by location or amenity, from playgrounds to off-leash areas.
- Kitsap Forest Theater: Enjoy performances between the pines at this picturesque central Kitsap location.
- All areas of the Kitsap Peninsula also have access to Washington State Parks! Search by the South and North Puget Sound area maps to find a park in your Kitsap neighborhood.
Our community parks departments maintain a wide range of facilities and offer a variety of special and ongoing activities for kids and families.
Have a non-profit, location, or facility that you’d like to see added to this list? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to consider it. Please keep in mind that we seek to promote opportunities for young children and their families that are low-cost and educational.