All locations of the Kitsap Regional Library will be closed for Presidents' Day on Monday, February 19. We will reopen for regular hours on Tuesday, February 20.
We welcome your group for tours of the Sylvan Way Library.
- For children: Ericka Brunson, Youth Services Librarian, 360-475-9022
- For teens: Megan Carlin, Teen Services Librarian, 360-475-9175
- For adults: Leigh Ann Winterowd, Branch Manager, 360-405-9117
Sylvan Way is the largest location within Kitsap Regional Library and includes the administrative center for the system. The 35,000-square-foot building was completed in 1978 after a countywide bond measure was approved by voters. Approximately half of this space is dedicated to providing public library services, while the other half is home to Kitsap Regional Library’s collection and technical services, outreach, IT, human resources, communications and administrative departments. Kitsap Regional Library’s location at Sylvan Way is also home to the Puget Sound Genealogical Society and a Northwest History Reference Collection.
- Building owner: Kitsap Regional Library
- Date built: 1978
- Major Remodel: 2006
- Size (Public area): 17,500 square feet
- Population served: 32,101