All locations of Kitsap Regional Library are out of viewing glasses for the solar eclipse on Monday, Aug. 21. To find additional information on reputable vendors and safe viewing guidelines, visit NASA's Eclipse 101.
We welcome your group for tours of the Sylvan Way Library.
- for children, Ericka Brunson, Youth Services Librarian, 360-475-9022
- for teens, Megan Carlin, Teen Services Librarian, 360-475-9175
- for adults, Leigh Ann Winterowd, Branch Manager, 360-405-9117
Sylvan Way is Kitsap Regional Library's largest location. The 35,000-square-foot building, completed in 1978 after a county-wide bond measure was approved by voters, is divided roughly in half, with 17,500 square feet of library space featuring a collection of more than 125,000 items. Behind the scenes, Sylvan Way is the home of KRL's technology department, our collection management, cataloging and technical services departments, Outreach and Bookmobile services and Youth Services that support all nine library locations.
- Building owner: Kitsap Regional Library
- Date built: 1978
- Major Remodel: 2006
- Size (Public area): 17,500 square feet
- Population served: 32,101