The five-member Board of Trustees governs the Kitsap Regional Library System. Board members are volunteers who are appointed for five-year terms, with no trustee serving more than two consecutive terms.
Kitsap County Commissioners appoint members of the Board of Trustees to represent the five geographic regions of Kitsap County.
The Board of Trustees determines the policies for the Library’s operation and selects a Library Director to whom the Board delegates the authority and responsibility for administration of the Library. The Board, with the assistance of the Library Director, develops the Library’s annual funding request, budgets the funds and authorizes and oversees all major expenditures. The Board presents, explains and defends the Library budget to public officials and the general public.
Correspondence to the Board should be addressed to:
Board of Trustees
Kitsap Regional Library
1301 Sylvan Way
Bremerton, WA 98310
The Board of Trustees meetings are routinely held at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month, with the exception of November being held on the fifth Tuesday of the month. There are two Board committees, Strategic and Long-Range Planning and Finance, which meet at 4:30 p.m. on an alternate month basis, prior to the regularly monthly meetings. These are open, public meetings and public attendance is welcomed to share opinions, concerns, ideas and/or to gain information on items of interest. Please see below for dates and locations of upcoming meetings:
- Tuesday, January 26, Sylvan Way Location
- Tuesday, February 23, Sylvan Way Location
- Tuesday, March 22, Little Boston Location
- Tuesday, April 26, Poulsbo Location
- Tuesday, May 24, Manchester Location
- Tuesday, June 28, Kingston Location
- Tuesday, July 26, Silverdale Location
- Tuesday, August 23, Downtown Bremerton Location
- Tuesday, September 27, Port Orchard Location
- Monday, October 17, Work Session*, White Horse Golf Club
- Tuesday, October 25, Bainbridge Island Location
- Tuesday, November 29, Sylvan Way Location
- Tuesday, December 27, Sylvan Way Location
*This is a work session wherein no voted decisions are made and there is no time allotted for public input or comments at this meeting.
Please note that the Kitsap Regional Library Board of Trustees conducts paperless meetings. The Board meeting agendas and minutes are available online by selecting the highlighted text, as well as the governing bylaws.
Information About Meeting Agendas and Minutes
The Kitsap Regional Library Board of Trustees conducts paperless meetings. As a member of the public, you can view online the agendas and minutes for our board meetings.