The five-member Board of Trustees governs the Kitsap Regional Library System. Board members are volunteers who are appointed for five-year terms, with no trustee serving more than two consecutive terms.
Kitsap County Commissioners appoint members of the Board of Trustees to represent the five geographic regions of Kitsap County.
The Board of Trustees determines the policies for the Library’s operation and selects a Library Director to whom the Board delegates the authority and responsibility for administration of the Library. The Board, with the assistance of the Library Director, develops the Library’s annual funding request, budgets the funds and authorizes and oversees all major expenditures. The Board presents, explains and defends the Library budget to public officials and the general public.
Correspondence to the Board should be addressed to:
Board of Trustees
Kitsap Regional Library
1301 Sylvan Way
Bremerton, WA 98310
The Board of Trustees meetings are routinely held at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month, with the exception of December being held on the third Tuesday of the month. There are two Board committees, Strategic and Long-Range Planning and Finance, which meet at 4:30 p.m. on an alternate month basis, prior to the regularly monthly meetings. These are open, public meetings and public attendance is welcomed to share opinions, concerns, ideas and learn about areas of interest. Please see below for dates and locations of upcoming meetings:
- Tuesday, January 24, Sylvan Way Location
- Tuesday, February 28, Sylvan Way Location
- Tuesday, March 28, Little Boston Location
- Tuesday, April 25, Manchester Location
- Tuesday, May 23, Downtown Bremerton Location
- Tuesday, June 27, Silverdale Location
- Tuesday, July 25, Kingston Location
- Tuesday, August 22, Bainbridge Island Location
- Tuesday, September 26, Port Orchard Location
- Tuesday, October 24, Poulsbo Location
- Tuesday, November 28, Sylvan Way Location
- Tuesday, December 19, Sylvan Way Location
Please note that the Kitsap Regional Library Board of Trustees conducts paperless meetings. The Board meeting agendas and minutes are available online by selecting the highlighted text, as well as the governing bylaws.
Information About Meeting Agendas and Minutes
The Kitsap Regional Library Board of Trustees conducts paperless meetings. As a member of the public, you can view online the agendas and minutes for our board meetings.