Using the Library
As the risk of exposure to the coronavirus dramatically increases for people in Washington State, community members are being advised to take steps to protect their health and prevent the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of Library staff and patrons is our priority. As we navigate this health emergency, we are regularly updating this page with changes to library service.
All locations of Kitsap Regional Library are currently closed until at least May 4.
We know that this creates a hardship for many in our community, but it is imperative that we all do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19. While the Library is closed:
- We will be responding to email
- Book drops are also closed, so please keep your items until we reopen
- Due dates on any materials that are currently out have been extended to June 15 (this does not apply to ebooks and audiobooks)
- Online payment processing has been temporarily stopped
- The limit for ebooks and audiobooks checked out online has been increased from 10 items to 20 items
The Library Online
You don’t have to visit the Library to get great library service! If you prefer not to visit the library in person, you can still:
- Download an eBook, Audiobook or music to your favorite device
- Browse more than 3,500 online magazines through RBDigital
- Research, with access to more than 40 online learning tools and databases
- Learn through online courses on Lynda.com, Mango Languages, Learning Express and more
- Read local and national newspapers
Access everything free with your library card. If you don’t have a Library card, you can easily get a digital Library eCard and start using the Library online today.
It's important to remember that COVID-19 isn't connected to race, ethnicity or nationality. Stigma will not help fight the illness. Sharing accurate information from trusted sources is critical to reduce misinformation. Find reliable and current information about the outbreak from local, state, and national agencies below.
Kitsap County Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources and Information
This page is designed to help Kitsap County residents find information and assistance during the coronavirus outbreak. It is maintained by the Kitsap County Emergency Operations Center and updated daily with new resources.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Comprehensive information and live updates about the spread and containment efforts.
World Health Organization (WHO)
Basic preventative measures and resources.
Washington State Department of Health
Keep up-to-date on how the Coronavirus is affecting Washington State residence.
Kitsap Public Health District
A healthy lifestyle starts at home. Stay informed on what’s happening in our community.