Entrusted to us by our community, we are stewards of the spaces, collections and ideas that make up Kitsap Regional Library. Learn more about how we're sustainably developing and preserving buildings and resources to meet our current needs and the needs of future generations.
Current Work & Library Updates
Sylvan Way Refresh
Estimated construction dates: May 5-Aug. 5; an additional 2-day closure dates to be determined
On May 5, we begin some long-awaited critical updates to our Sylvan Way branch, including:
- Installation of new heating, ventilation and air conditioning automation controls for improved efficiency
- Replacing the aged, leaking roof with a PVC style roofing system
- Replacing skylights
- Replacing the main electrical switchgear
We look forward to fully serving our community for the duration of this construction with only one short two-day closure anticipated for late summer or early fall.
Manchester Refresh 2022
Thanks to the efforts of the Friends of the Manchester Library, we've expanded the Manchester branch. Renovations to the space include:
- More reading space for adults
- Expanded areas for kids and teens
- An enlarged meeting space
- Updated shelving, paint and carpet