The Sylvan Way branch will be closed Feb. 25-March 2 for a branch refresh. Curbside service will be closed during this time. Visit any of our eight other locations for Library services.
We welcome your group for tours of the Sylvan Way Library.
- For children: Ericka Brunson, Youth Services Librarian, 360-475-9022
- For teens: Nicole Rawlinson, Teen Services Librarian, 360-405-9110
- For adults: Bert Rinderle, Branch Manager, 360-415-6726
Sylvan Way is the largest location within Kitsap Regional Library and includes the administrative center for the system. The 35,000-square-foot building was completed in 1978 after a countywide bond measure was approved by voters. Approximately half of this space is dedicated to providing public library services, while the other half is home to Kitsap Regional Library’s collection and technical services, mobile services, IT, human resources, communications and administrative departments. Kitsap Regional Library’s location at Sylvan Way is also home to the Puget Sound Genealogical Society and a Northwest History Reference Collection.
- Building owner: Kitsap Regional Library
- Date built: 1978
- Major Remodel: 2006
- Size (Public area): 17,500 square feet
- Population served: 32,101