Pardon our dust! The Sylvan Way branch is undergoing some critical updates, including the installation of a new roof and skylights, along with much more. We look forward to fully serving our community for the duration of this construction. Have questions? Learn more about this project.
- For children: Kathleen Kondek, Youth Services Librarian, (360) 447-5485
- For teens: Bert Rinderle, Branch Manager, (360) 447-5481
- For adults: Jose Castro, Adult Services Librarian, (360) 447-5483
Sylvan Way is the largest location within Kitsap Regional Library and includes the administrative center for the system. The 35,000-square-foot building was completed in 1978 after a countywide bond measure was approved by voters. Approximately half of this space is dedicated to providing public library services, while the other half is home to Kitsap Regional Library’s collection and technical services, mobile services, IT, human resources, communications and administrative departments. Kitsap Regional Library’s location at Sylvan Way is also home to the Puget Sound Genealogical Society and a Northwest History Reference Collection.
- Building owner: Kitsap Regional Library
- Date built: 1978
- Major Remodel: 2006
- Size (Public area): 17,500 square feet
- Population served: 32,101