VISIT THE LIBRARY
Every library has free access to computers. Use Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Surf the web or enjoy free Wi-Fi available on your personal laptop or mobile device. Stop by any branch for printing, copying and faxing. 8.5”x11” is standard at every location, while 8.5”x14” is available at Sylvan Way and Port Orchard. 11x17 paper is available at Bainbridge Island. Printing is free up to 50 pages per day.
For more information on the Sylvan Way branch, please contact:
- For children: Kathleen Kondek, Youth Services Librarian, (360) 447-5485
- For teens: Bert Rinderle, Branch Manager, (360) 447-5481
- For adults: Jose Castro, Adult Services Librarian, (360) 447-5483
Sylvan Way is the largest location within Kitsap Regional Library and includes the administrative center for the system. The 35,000-square-foot building was completed in 1978 after a countywide bond measure was approved by voters. Approximately half of this space is dedicated to providing public library services, while the other half is home to Kitsap Regional Library’s collection and technical services, mobile services, IT, human resources, communications and administrative departments. Kitsap Regional Library’s location at Sylvan Way is also home to the Puget Sound Genealogical Society and a Northwest History Reference Collection.
- Building owner: Kitsap Regional Library
- Date built: 1978
- Major Remodel: 2006
- Size (Public area): 17,500 square feet
- Population served: 32,101