Kitsap Regional Library provides test and exam monitoring services to students as part of our role as a community place and in support of lifelong learning. While we expect to be able to meet the requirement of most requests for a monitoring service, we do have some limitations.
Does the Library offer test or exam monitoring?
Yes, this free service is available at most Library locations during normal open hours. Please also note that exams are administered in a public area where there is some ambient noise.
How do I make arrangements?
First, read and share this page with your institution to confirm that Kitsap Regional Library is an approved testing site.
Then, contact the Library location where you would like to take the test.
If it is an online test please confirm what is required prior to the test. We are unable to download software or applications.
If it is a paper test, the institution will send us the examination and related paperwork. Please determine when the exam will arrive at the library and then contact the branch to determine a mutually agreeable testing date and time.
What should I bring with me when I take my test?
We will follow the testing requirements of your institution. Please review these requirements before your exam. Students have the responsibility of providing their own materials, such as pencils, pens, scratch paper, calculators or textbooks if allowed, etc. Appropriate photo identification must be presented.
What happens after I take my exam?
Once the exam is completed, we will return it with any required paperwork as instructed by the school or agency.
The Library is able to:
- Provide access to a public computer
- Receive the exam or password
- Make an appointment to monitor the exam
- Complete the exam process according to the school’s instructions
The Library is unable to:
- Provide a locked or secure place for the test
- Provide a quiet study room for exam taking
- Provide a staff member for one-on-one test monitoring (proctoring)
- Provide monitoring for large groups of students
- Mail the completed exams at times other than the regular Library mailing
- Arrange for courier or delivery pickup of completed exams