Welcome Back to the Library!
All branches of Kitsap Regional Library are open for express in-building services.
As we follow the guidance of our state and local health officials, we will continue to consider our organization's unique needs and approach reopening the Library in a way that keeps the health and safety of our patrons and staff at the forefront.
At Limited Capacity: Express In-Building Services 45 Minutes or Less
- Tech Services: Enjoy a session on one of our public computers, print and copy up to 100 pages per day and fax up to 25 pages per day.
- Browsing & Holds Pickup: Peruse the collection, pick up your holds and check out items.
- Don’t Have a Library Card? Gain access to the whole collection by picking up your new Kitsap Regional Library card inside.
Online Services Always Available at KRL.org
- Book-a-Librarian: Meet virtually in a 30-45 minute session for help with Library resources, reference questions and more.
- Virtual Classes & Events: Connect online in a community Zoom room for projects, discussions, storytimes and more.
- Digital Library: Explore audiobooks, ebooks and digital magazines with 24/7 access.
- Online Resources: Never stop learning with access to the Library's expansive online collection of resources.
Not Offered at This Time
- Public meeting room use
- In-person classes and events
- In-branch test monitoring services
- Seating for reading and studying
- In-branch volunteer opportunities
- Book donations
Keeping the Library Safe
In alignment with state guidelines for reopening libraries, every Library is doing the following to ensure your safety:
- Providing Express In-Building Service: For your 45 minute or less visit, we are limiting the number of patrons in the Library to less than 25% of each building's occupancy limit. Occupancy numbers will be displayed at each location.
- Offering Contactless Returns and Quarantining Materials: Return books, movies, music and more to book drops. We will quarantine them for 24 hours before returning them to the collection.
- Creating a Safe Building: Furniture has been moved to allow for easy social distancing and safety barriers are in place in close contact areas. Please follow guidelines on the safety signage posted around the building.
- Routine Cleaning: Frequently touched surfaces such as door handles and handrails are being cleaned often. Public computers are cleaned after each use.
- Encouraging Handwashing (Coming Soon): Restrooms are open for handwashing and hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Continuing No Contact Services: For those who would prefer not to enter the Library at this time, curbside hold pickups, virtual classes and events and virtual reference appointments with librarians continue to be available.
Prepare for Your Visit
- Self-Screening: Please do not visit the Library if you are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Wear Your Face Covering: Staff and patrons must wear face covers over their nose and mouth while in the Library. We are happy to provide face coverings to those who need them.
A copy of our Workplace Safety Plan which includes our COVID-19 exposure control, mitigation and recovery plan is available at every location for inspection by state and local authorities.
Connect With Us
I have a different question, is there someone who can help me?
Yes! Ask your question online or call your favorite location. We will be available to take your calls during staffed hours. Otherwise, we will answer your messages within 24 hours.