The Path to Reopen
On October 6, Governor Jay Inslee shared an update to the Washington State Safe Start plan. This update allows libraries currently operating in Phase 2 to offer limited service, not to exceed 25% of building capacity.
In response to this change, we are busy working on plans to safely expand the current services being offered.
The health and safety of our staff and patrons is our top priority as we develop our reopening plans. Expect to see:
- Modified operations at some or all library buildings with limited hours, services and access to technology.
- Physical distancing and health protocols remaining in place.
- Curbside holds pickup and online services and programming continuing.
Please visit this page often, where we will share details when plans are finalized.
Current Status: Phase II
On June 2, the state issued guidelines allowing libraries to offer limited service in Phase 2.
What does curbside service entail?
Schedule an appointment online to drop by and pick up your holds and book bundle requests. Or, swing by your favorite Library to access the book drops at anytime and pick up the latest monthly edition of Inspire Lite during regular curbside hours. We are not accepting book donations at this time. We appreciate your support and patience as we work to return to full service.
Please note that all returned items will not show as returned to your account for 4-5 working days, as all materials will be quarantined for 96 hours. Learn more about this process.
We're always open online!
Explore our digital library for instant 24/7 access to audiobooks, ebooks and magazines, or check out our expansive collection of online resources available now. During the pandemic, our librarians have designed virtual classes and events to help stay connected, while staying safe.
How is the Library keeping staff and community safe?
In compliance with state guidelines:
- All staff and patrons are required to wear face covers.
- We are increasing cleaning, paying particular attention to high touch areas such as handrails, doors and handles.
- Staff are provided cleaning supplies to regularly clean workspaces and gloves to allow safe handling of materials.
- Regular access to soap and warm water for handwashing and hand sanitizer is provided in all locations.
- A physical distance of six-feet will be maintained at all times between staff and other customers. Waiting areas and areas where the public tends to gather will be clearly marked.
Connect With Us
I have a different question, is there someone who can help me?
Yes! Ask your question online or call your favorite location. We will be available to take your calls during staffed hours. Otherwise, we will answer your messages within 24 hours.