How long can I borrow materials?
Library cardholders can borrow up to 100 items at a time. Electronic games are limited to 10 per cardholder.
|Books, Magazines (past issues), Nonfiction DVDs, Music, Audiobooks & CD-ROMs||3 weeks|
|Xbox and Wii Videogames||1 week|
|All DVDs (4 hours or longer)||3 weeks|
|All Entertainment DVDs (shorter than 4 hours)||1 week|
|Book Group Kits||6 weeks|
|Newspapers, Current Magazine Issues, Reference, Special Collections / Archives||Non-circulating|
Can I reserve materials?
Get the popular Library materials you want by placing a hold request on the item. Holds can be placed online via the catalog, by phone, or with help from a staff person. You can designate any Library location for your hold to be delivered to for your pick-up.
To place a hold by phone, call your Library or toll-free at 1-877-883-9900. Have your Library card number ready and be able to provide information about the item (title, author, etc.).
Can I renew materials?
Several methods are available for renewing materials, all designed for your convenience. Please note: you cannot renew an item if another patron is waiting for it. Materials can be renewed up to three times provided there is not a hold on the item.
- Renew your library materials online at www.krl.org.
- Renew by telephone. Call your Library location or toll-free at 1-877-883-9900 and ask to renew your materials. Be sure to have your card handy.
Fines & Fees
- The Library will no longer be issuing daily charges for overdue items. If an item is damaged or lost, replacement fees will still apply.
- 21 days after the final due date, an item is considered lost and a replacement fee will be reflected on the account.
- As a courtesy, email notices are sent before due dates to encourage the prompt return of materials.
- Accounts owing over $50, and past due over 60 days, will be referred to a Library materials recovery firm.
- Patrons with outstanding fees may be restricted from borrowing materials.
- Complete list of Kitsap Regional Library's fees