How long can I borrow materials?
Library cardholders can borrow up to 100 items at a time. Electronic games are limited to 10 per cardholder.
|Books, Magazines (past issues), Music, Audiobooks & CD-ROMs||3 weeks|
|Xbox and Wii Videogames||1 week|
|All DVDs (4 hours or longer)||3 weeks|
|All DVDs (shorter than 4 hours)||1 week|
|Book Group Kits||6 weeks|
|Newspapers, Current Magazine Issues, Reference, Special Collections / Archives||Non-circulating|
Can I reserve materials?
Get the popular Library materials you want by placing a hold request on the item. Holds can be placed online via the catalog, by phone, or with help from a staff person. You can designate any Library location for your hold to be delivered to for your pick-up.
To place a hold by phone, call your Library or toll-free at 1-877-883-9900. Have your Library card number ready and be able to provide information about the item (title, author, etc.).
Can I renew materials?
Several methods are available for renewing materials, all designed for your convenience. Please note: you cannot renew an item if another patron is waiting for it.
- Renew your library materials online at www.krl.org.
- Renew by telephone. Call your Library location or toll-free at 1-877-883-9900 and ask to renew your materials. Be sure to have your card handy.
Fines & Fees
- It is your responsibility to return materials you've borrowed on time. As a courtesy, emails pre-date due notices to encourage prompt materials return. You can renew your materials up to three times providing there is not a hold on the item. Once the item is overdue, the fine will be 25 cents per day up to a maximum of $5 per item, per checkout. After 21 days, a billing notice for the amount of the item will be sent.
- Overdue fines for a book group or early literacy kit are $2 per day up to a maximum of $24.
- Accounts owing over $50, and past due over 60 days, will be referred to a Library materials recovery firm. Patrons with outstanding fines and fees may be restricted from borrowing materials.
- You are responsible for any library materials checked out on your record. You will be charged for lost or damaged Library materials.
- You can see the complete list of Kitsap Regional Library's fines and fees here.