Public library service was first established in Port Orchard in 1924, with a small library inside the Town Hall. In 1964 the City of Port Orchard contracted with the Kitsap Regional Library to provide library services for local residents in a building next to what is now the Sidney Museum and Gallery. In 1984 the City of Port Orchard purchased the current library building, which had previously been the town post office. In 1995, an addition created the children's area and the meeting room.
In 2013 the library received a major interior remodel that included new carpeting, new furnishings, and new public service desks.
- Building owner: City of Port Orchard
- Date purchased: 1984
- Major Remodel: 2013
- Size: 8,900 square feet
- Population served: 58,333
- Meeting Room: The library's meeting room seats 20.
Get information on its use.