The five-member Board of Trustees governs the Kitsap Regional Library System. Board members are volunteers who are appointed for five-year terms, with no trustee serving more than two consecutive terms.
Kitsap County Commissioners appoint members of the Board of Trustees to represent the five geographic regions of Kitsap County.
The Board of Trustees determines the policies for the Library’s operation and selects a Library Director to whom the Board delegates the authority and responsibility for administration of the Library. The Board, with the assistance of the Library Director, develops the Library’s annual funding request, budgets the funds and authorizes and oversees all major expenditures. The Board presents, explains and defends the Library budget to public officials and the general public.
Correspondence to the Board should be addressed to:
Board of Trustees
Kitsap Regional Library
1301 Sylvan Way
Bremerton, WA 98310
The Board of Trustees meetings are held at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month, with the exception of December being held on the third Tuesday of the month. There are two Board committees, Strategic and Long-Range Planning and Finance, which meet at 4:30 p.m. on an alternate month basis prior to the regular monthly meetings. These are open, public meetings and public attendance is welcomed to share opinions, concerns, ideas and learn about areas of interest. Please see below for dates and locations of upcoming meetings:
- January 23, 2018, Sylvan Way location
- February 27, 2018, Sylvan Way location
- March 27, 2018, Little Boston location
- Please note that this meeting will begin at 5 p.m. instead of 4:30 p.m.
- April 24, 2018, Poulsbo location
- May 29, 2018, Manchester location
- June 26, 2018, Kingston location - Work Session, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- June 26, 2018, Kingston location
- July 24, 2018, Silverdale location
- August 28, 2018, Downtown Bremerton location
- September 25, 2018, Port Orchard location
- October 23, 2018, Bainbridge Island location
- November 27, 2018, Sylvan Way location
- December 18, 2017, Sylvan Way location
Information About Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Kitsap Regional Library Board of Trustees conducts paperless meetings. The Board meeting agendas and minutes are available online by selecting the highlighted text, as well as the governing bylaws. As a member of the public, you can view online the agendas and minutes for our board meetings.