The five-member Board of Trustees governs the Kitsap Regional Library System. Board members are volunteers who are appointed for five-year terms, with no trustee serving more than two consecutive terms.
Kitsap County Commissioners appoint members of the Board of Trustees to represent the five geographic regions of Kitsap County.
The KRL Board of Trustees sets policy for library services throughout the system. The Board also hires and holds accountable the Library Director, who oversees the library organization and day-to-day operations.
You are encouraged to attend the board's monthly meetings and share your opinions, concerns and ideas.
Correspondence to the Board should be addressed to:
Board of Trustees
Kitsap Regional Library
1301 Sylvan Way
Bremerton, WA 98310
The actions of the KRL Board are governed by the Board's bylaws
Board of Trustees meetings are routinely held at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Locations vary as the Board aims to meet at each of the nine branch libraries each year. The Board's two committees, Strategic and Long-Range Planning and Finance, meet every other month the hour before the regular board meeting. Please call Tammy Jeffries, Executive Assistant, at (360) 405-9158 for date and location verification.
Upcoming Meetings of the KRL Board of Trustees
- Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2015, Sylvan Way
- Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2015, Sylvan Way
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015, Little Boston
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015, Port Orchard
- Tuesday, May 26, 2015, Poulsbo
- Tuesday, June 23, 2015, Sylvan Way
- Tuesday, July 28, 2015, Sylvan Way
- Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2015, Manchester
- Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2015, Downtown Bremerton
- Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2015, Bainbridge
- Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2015, Sylvan Way
- Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015, Sylvan Way
Information About Meeting Agendas and Minutes
The Kitsap Regional Library Board of Trustees conducts paperless meetings. As a member of the public, you can view online the agendas and approved minutes for our board meetings.