Book Lockers at Poulsbo
Grab your library holds on your time! The book locker service in Poulsbo provides access to your library holds 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How To Use
- Place a hold in the catalog.
- Select the Poulsbo Book Locker as your pickup location.
- Visit the Book Locker at the Poulsbo branch within four days of holds pickup notification.
- At the locker, scan your library card or use the touchscreen to type your library card number and password.
Note: If you have created a special username that you use in lieu of a library card number, it will not work with the book locker at this time.
- Once you’ve submitted your account information correctly, a locker will open for you to retrieve your items.
- Remove all items before closing the locker. Please use the branch book return for any return items.
- Connect with a library staff member if you have trouble accessing the locker.
Book Locker FAQs
When can I pick up my books in the locker, and how many days do I have to pick up items?
You will be notified by phone, text or email when your item is ready for pickup. The item status will show “Hold Shelf” in your account when the item is available for pick up. You will have four days to pick up your hold. Lockers are available 24 hours a day.
How do I pick up my holds in a locker?
When you arrive, scan your library card or enter your library card number and password on the screen.
Once you enter your information, one or more locker doors will open for all of your items. Items are checked out as soon as the locker opens. Please take all your holds with you and be sure to close all locker doors.
How many items will fit into one locker?
The lockers can hold several items. If items do not fit in the locker due to their size, we will contact you.
Do I need my library card with me to use the lockers?
You do not need your physical library card, but you will need to know your card number and password.
Can I use the username that I use in the catalog to pick up items from a locker?
No, the use of usernames is not supported at this time.
Can I use the lockers to return items?
No, we are not accepting returns through the locker. Please use the book drop.
Who do I contact if I have a problem using the lockers?
Please get in touch with the Poulsbo location during open hours.
How were the lockers funded?
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) grant awarded to Kitsap Regional Library funded the purchase of these book lockers. This grant was supported with ARPA funding provided by the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services administered by the Library Services and Technology Act through the Washington State Library, a division of the Office of the Secretary of State.