The Downtown Bremerton location of Kitsap Regional Library is housed in a historic 1938 art deco building originally funded by the Works Progress Administration. This location acted as Bremerton’s main library until 1955 when it became the headquarters for the newly formed Kitsap Regional Library system. In 1978, a new library headquarters opened in East Bremerton and the downtown library was designated as a branch library. The City of Bremerton owns and maintains the building, which was renovated in 2007, while Kitsap Regional Library provides service with staff and materials.
- Building owner: City of Bremerton
- Date built: 1938
- Last major renovation: 2007
- Size: 5,514 square feet
- Population served: 26,057