In 1924, public library service began in Port Orchard with a small library inside the Town Hall, and in 1947, it moved to a new municipal building. To increase service and resources to the community, the City of Port Orchard joined the Kitsap Regional Library system in 1964. Services were offered in what is now the Sidney Museum and Gallery. By 1984, there was a need for additional space and the City purchased the old town post office for library use. This facility, owned and maintained by the City of Port Orchard, is still currently in use, having undergone privately funded additions and remodels in 1995 and 2013 to provide dedicated spaces for children and meetings.
- Building owner: City of Port Orchard
- Date purchased: 1984
- Major Remodel: 2013
- Size: 8,900 square feet
- Population served: 58,333
- Meeting Room: The library's meeting room seats 20.