Our book club collection allows community book clubs to borrow a set of books to share amongst its members. We have kits for adults, teens and kids. Each kit contains 15 paperback copies of a book, a discussion guide to help in leading a conversation about the book, reviews of the book and biographical information about the author.
Each set checks out for six weeks. You choose the date that you need the kit, allowing for flexibility. The Kitsap Regional Library's Book Group Collection has approximately 100 titles, both fiction and nonfiction.
Book groups may schedule book group kits online using the KitKeeper system. KitKeeper is designed as a self-service tool used to browse the Library’s book group kit collection, reserve kits, and manage your reservations online. KitKeeper offers a convenient and easy-to-use system for book group leaders.
To use KitKeeper:
1) Click KitKeeper.
2) Once you are in Kitkeeper, choose one of the three options for searching the collection: List: Click Go to browse a list of titles before you select. Reserve: Select a title from a drop-down menu and then click Go. Dates: Select a month from the drop-down menu and then click "Go."
3) After you choose your option, follow the screen prompts to reserve your kit.
4) Enter your contact information. You must provide an email or phone number. If you do not have one of these contact options, please click the unavailable link next to the phone or email fields.
5) You will receive an email confirmation that the reservation has been placed.
6) When you receive notification that your book group kit is available, you will need to pick it up within 7 days.