Friends of the Library
Friends of the Library groups are organized at most Kitsap Regional Library locations. Through fundraising events such as book sales, Friends groups raise money for items not in the library's budget. Joining a Friends of the Library group is a wonderful way to support your Library. Looking for a way to get involved? If so, your Friends group needs you!
You can help us by:
- Donating your skills and time to help strengthen your Library.
- Serving as a volunteer at special Library events.
- Promoting the resources our Library brings to the community.
- Volunteering at Friends of the Library book sales, which raise funds for equipment, materials and other library projects.
Projects sponsored by Friends of the Library include:
- Children's reading awards
- Entertaining and educational programs
- Library equipment and fixtures
- Grounds beautification
- Concert series
How do I join?
Most Friends groups ask that members pay nominal annual dues and volunteer limited amounts of time to fundraising projects, community events and meeting attendance.
If you are interested in joining a local Friends group, you are encouraged to attend a meeting or your local library.